9' 6wt - The Universal Rod.
Made for everything.
All rods are hand-built to order. The current wait time is 6 weeks.
Images coming soon.
The 9' 6wt is our universal rod. We designed it to be at home where ever it's used. From chasing Sea Trout on the Danish Coast to presenting dry flies to large Chalkstream Brown Trout, this rod can do it all.
Made in England on Spanish blanks.
- Minimalist styling.
- Weight: 97 grams with the fighting butt (79 grams without)
- Full-wells, Flor Grade cork handle.
- Fighting Butt.
- Choice of reel seat fitting colour - Black or Champagne.
- Single leg guides throughout.
- Ultralight stripper guides.
- Fibreglass rod tube - Made in England.
- Rod bag - Made in England.
- Our honest warranty.
- Free worldwide standard shipping.
- Collect your rod in person and receive a free half-day of guided fishing in North Yorkshire. Can't make it up north? You can donate your half-day to someone who is eager to learn or to a fishing charity of your choice.
What is it great for?
Saltwater fly fishing, particularly coastal Sea Trout.
Predator fly fishing.
Lake fly fishing with floating and sinking lines.
Streamer fly fishing.
Dry fly fishing of all kinds.
What is it not so good for?
Euro Nymphing techniques. View 10' 2wt.
Situations where a delicate presentation is a must. View 9' 4" 3wt.
Your rods journey.
We have sourced the finest components from around the world to produce the purest fly rods on the market today.
Your blank is made in Spain by top rod makers Maxia, where it has been designed and used by world champions.
Your reel seat and Guides come from a small company in China providing exceptional quality products. Honestly, they are the lightest and strongest we have ever found!
Your cork handle comes from Portugal, they produce the best cork, end of story. The handles are then turned in Denmark by our friend Jesper. He turns the best handles we have ever seen.
Your rod tube and rod bag are both made by hand in England.
All of this is then pieced together in our workshop right here in the United Kingdom. Where we build one rod per week to ensure that everything is completed to the absolute highest of standards.