10' 5" 3wt - The Big River Euro Rod.
Made for Euro Nymphing on big rivers.
Pre-order now for despatch in November.
With a background in competition fly fishing and a deep understanding of euro style techniques (our co-founder literally co-wrote the book), we know what makes a spectacular nymphing fly rod. The Ursa Major 10' 5" 3wt is the perfect tool for fishing long leaders on big rivers. These rods have exceptional sensitivity which will protect even the lightest tippets but have a backbone that will handle big fish in fast water with ease. The extra length increases your reach and control when fishing at a distance which is why we say this rod is best suited to larger rivers.
Made in England on Spanish blanks.
- Minimalist styling.
- Weight: 90 grams.
- Half-wells, Flor Grade cork handle.
- Choice of reel seat fitting colour - Black or Champagne.
- Single leg guides throughout.
- Ultralight stripper guides.
- Fibreglass fly rod tube - Made in England.
- Rod bag - Made in England.
- Free felt car rod holder.
- Our honest warranty.
- Free worldwide standard shipping.
- Collect your rod in person and receive a free half-day of guided fishing in North Yorkshire. Can't make it up north? You can donate your half-day to someone who is eager to learn or to a fishing charity of your choice.
What is it great for?
All Euro nymphing techniques (French, Spanish, Czech and Polish). This rod really comes into its own on bigger rivers. It's great on smaller ones to though.
Single and double dry fly fishing techniques.
Lightweight streamer fly fishing.
What is it not so good for?
Saltwater fly fishing.
Predator fly fishing.
Fishing with sinking lines.
Your fly rods journey.
We have sourced the finest components from around the world to produce the purest fly rods on the market today.
Your blank is made in Spain by top rod makers Maxia, where it has been designed and used by world champions.
Your reel seat and Guides come from a small company in China providing exceptional quality products. Honestly, they are the lightest and strongest we have ever found!
Your cork handle comes from Portugal, they produce the best cork, end of story. The handles are then turned in Denmark by our friend Jesper. He turns the best handles we have ever seen.
Your rod tube and rod bag are both made by hand in England.
All of this is then pieced together in our workshop right here in the United Kingdom. Where we build one rod per week to ensure that everything is completed to the absolute highest of standards.